November 21, 2020
Note: No school on Nov 28th. Happy Thanksgiving!
1. Seera: Perform some independent research on Khadijah RA, Zayd RA, Abu Bakr RA or Ali RA. Please cover at least one of these greats in details.
2. Quran: Memorize 5 ayates of surah Alkahf. Read the pages 60 to 62 from your tajweed book. Find in surah Alkahf one example for this rules (Idhar Qamare, Idgham Shamsse, Idgham in rae, idgham in lam). Send it to me before next class inshallah.
3: Character Building: Page #18 from the workbook, and we'll continue with choosing 2 names of Asmaa Allah al Husna and write a brief description for each. Prepare to share in the next class.
November 14, 2020
1. Quran: Memorize the first 4 ayates of surah Alkahf. Review your tajweed rules from your book as we'll add a new rule next week inshallah!
2. Seera: Please read book from page 93 to 98. Also, please research on Khadija (RA) and Zyad (RA). We will discuss it in class for a few minutes inch Allah.
3: Character Building: Choose 2 names of Asmaa Allah al Husna and write a brief description for each. Prepare to share in the next class.
November 7, 2020
1. Quran: Please memorize 4 ayates of surah Alkahf, Review your 2 lessons (noon sakina and meem sakina rules) from your tajweed book. Please text me if you have questions or issues about understanding the rules, JAK
2. Seera: Please read and study pages 77 to 89 in the text book.
3: Character Building: Choose 5 names of Asmaa allah al Husna and write a brief description to each.
October 31, 2020
1. Quran: Find 2 examples of each meem sakinah rules in surah Al-kahf. Send it to me by next Friday. Please memorize by heart the first 4 verses of surah Al-kahf.
3: Character Building:
October 24, 2020
1. Quran: Please memorize by heart 3 first verses of surah Al-Kahf.
2. Seera: Please finalize your essays and send them to me by Friday October 30th (last extension).
3: Character Building: Find and solve the Puzzler in the work book page 10.
October 17, 2020
1. Quran: Please memorize two first ayates of Surah Alkahf. Be prepared for the test next week (the noon sakina rules). Practice reading please.
2. Seera: Please send me your essay outline by Sunday 11:59 PM EST and the actual essay by Thursday 11:59 PM EST. Email me at for your submissions. If you are challenged to meet these deadlines, email me. Instructions for the essay can be found by clicking here. (FYI: Click here for the syllabus).
3: Character Building: Please explain how prophet Mohammed (SAS) was an example of a great leader during The Battle of the Ditch.
October 10, 2020
1. Quran: Please memorize the first ayat of surah Alkahf with tajweed rules. What are the letters of the lips, and Aljawf (the empty space between the throat and the mouth). What are the letters of Alkhaychoum (Nose). Don't forget to send me your homework before next Saturday inshaallah!
2. Seera: No homework.
3: Character Building: Please read lesson 3 text book and do Lessons 3 work book pages 5&6
October 3, 2020
1. Quran: Memorize one ayah of sourah Alkahf. What are the letters of Idhar, idgham, iqlab and ikhfae. Gve one example of each rule from sourah Alkahf (send me your homework please). Read the lesson from your book pages 40 to 47.
2. Seera: Please pre-read prologue 4 pages 74 to 81; make sure that you are up to date with your reading as the first essay is coming soon.
3: Character Building: What does Surah Al-Asr teach us? What is the best use of our time? What is Allah (SWT) reminding us to do?
September 26, 2020
1. Quran: Find 2 examples of each rule of noun sakina and tanween in surah Alkahf. Send me your answers by email and join the class WhatsApp group.
2. Seera: Please read prologue 3 in the book Revelation: pp 62-73 (in preparation for next week's session incha Allah).
3: Character Building: Write a paragraph about Ibn Sina and how he was a great Muslim.
September 19, 2020
1. Quran: Please read the pages of the first lesson (the articulation points of letters). Memorize the throat letters and lips letters please.
2. Seera: 1. Review the syllabus (look at last week's homework for the link)
2. Read p 50-55 (what we did this week) and also p 56-61 for prepare for next week.
3: Character Building: Work book " We are Muslims" Page 1 & 2
September 12, 2020
2. Seera: 1. Send me email at to receive the syllabus.
2. Read the revelation book pages 50-55 (optional). Read also pages 43-50 from the book;
3. Click here to download the syllabus.
3: Character Building: